If not remembered, the past repeats itself
Memorialization of the democratization movement is necessary for the sake of passing on the precious experiences and assets of the democratization movement to future generations, to refine all challenges and achievements for democracy into the pride of the people. This kind of pride is the basic power that will continuously deepen and expand democracy in the Korean society.
- Hold and support events commemorating the democratization movement and memorialize the deceased
- Collect cultural content from the democratization movement like photographs, videos, popular music, popular art, etc
- Develop and expand cultural materials and education which utilize this cultural content
- Create and spread cultural programs related to the democratization movement and hold cultural events
- Carry out cooperative projects and establish networks between organizations that commemorate democratization movements